IP WHOIS Lookup
Lookup IP WHOIS information using the IP WHOIS Lookup tool for any allocated IP address. This tool will provide you with the IP Address owners contact information. The results will also show the Regional Internet Registry (RIR) who assigns the IP, the assigned owner, location, contact information, and abuse reporting details. Other important information includes how many IP Addresses are in the block or blocks assigned to the owner of the IP you're researching.
IP WHOIS Results
With the IP WHOIS results, you'll be able to find out exactly who to contact should you need to reach out to the owner of the IP address. You'll most likely be shown the information of the Internet Service Provider (ISP) which has been assigned the IP. If someone is spamming you, attempting to hack you, etc. it's best to reach out to the abuse information contained in the results. Otherwise, using the non abuse contact information will be your best option when attempting to reach the controlling party.
Why is WHOIS uppercase?
WHOIS is pronounced as who is. Nothing too cryptic about that, right. The reason WHOIS is uppercase is because it's a query and response protocol that is used for querying databases that contain the registered users of IP addresses. The WHOIS protocol is also used to query other types of databases that contain similar information regarding domain names.
Who are the 5 Regional Internet Registry's (RIR)?
- African Network Information Centre (AfriNIC) - Administers IP Addresses for the continent of Africa
- American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN) - Administers IP addresses for Canada, the United States, and many Caribbean and North Atlantic islands
- Asia-Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC) - Administers IP addresses for Asia, Australia, and surrounding Countries
- Latin America and Caribbean Network Information Centre (LACNIC) - Administers IP addresses for Latin America and parts of the Caribbean
- Réseaux IP Européens Network Coordination Centre (RIPE NCC) - Administers IP addresses for Europe, the Middle East, and the former USSR
If you have any questions about the IP Address WHOIS Lookup tool or the results, please ask in our IP Address Questions Section.