IP Address API
The IP API (Application Programming Interface) on the What's My IP address home page gives you access to most of our tools programmatically. You must be a registered member to access the Application Programming Interface. Membership is broken down into three tiers: Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
Bronze members receive one API key with 24 calls per day.
Silver members receive one API key with 120 calls per day.
Gold level keys are allowed 1,440 calls per day (one per minute) for a total of 14,400 calls per day (ten per minute).
Go to your account page to complete key generation and management. The Application Programming Interface URLs are shown within the API Quick Start Guide and the full API Documentation, which can be found from your account page.
Available IP API interface tools
The following tools are available for Application Programming Interface:
- Get IP Address – Outputs your IP address on the homepage of WhatIsMyIP.com.
- Proxy Check – Outputs your IP address and a proxy if detected
- IP Address Lookup – Outputs IP geolocation information for the IP in query
- Blacklist or Blocklist Check – Outputs whether or not the IP or domain input is on a blacklist or blocklist
- Hostname Lookup – Outputs the hostname for the IP in query
- IP WHOIS Lookup – Outputs the IP data from the ARIN IP database of the IP in query
- Server Headers Check – Outputs the server header data for the input IP or URL
- User Agent Information – Outputs the user agent information for the requesting browser
The output options for each tool are:
- Plain text
The following tools are not currently available in our API. As we are always looking to improve user experience, it’s possible these tools may become available through the API in the future:
If you are not yet a part of our membership program, please sign up for API access to make all of the aforementioned interface tools available to you.