Suing For Negative Feedback

IP Address Questions and AnswersCategory: IP QuestionsSuing For Negative Feedback
mimi levitas asked 3 years ago

Hi, I am new in this forum. I have a question: I placed a negative feedback on Google Business Map. I created Google email account to post this feedback and I lost user and password info. I received a letter from a lawer of this business with request to remove this feedback - if not they are going to start a civil action against me.
Is there any way to change or modify or hide my IP address so nobody is going to prove that I placed this feedback from my computer?
I am not able to remove this feedback by myself.
What should I do in this situation?
I do not want to go to the court for a negative feedback.
Thank you.

2 Answers
wimiadmin Staff answered 3 years ago

Have you tried logging in to the Google account and when you enter the incorrect password, you hit the 'Forgot My Password' link to help start the recovery process.

How did the attorney discover it was you that left the feedback and since when is a negative comment about a business illegal?

heepbigchief answered 3 years ago

I can't help but wonder how that lawyer obtained your real world name and address in order to snail mail you that notice when all they supposedly had to go on was an email alias.

They can't get your identity from Google without a warrant and I highly doubt that a judge would grant a warrant based upon negative feedback of a good or a service.

Even though you say you did post the comment, I don't think they would have a legal avenue to know that without a warrant so, could they be just assuming it is you because you may have had a prior disagreement with them?

Know the answer? Login or sign up for an account to answer this question.
Sign Up