Hey everyone, first post! 🙂
I have a few questions about networkign which which be great if anyone can answer.
1. How would the bus and star topolgies be combined?
2. Using TCP/IP model as an example, how would a packet be assembled?
3. What is the role of the network supervisor?
4. What is the need to have different user accounts on a network?
I can answer 3 & 4 and hopefully someone else will chime in for 1 & 2.
3. To have 100% control of their network and to insure the network is available and a useful tool as close to 100% of the time as possible. Basically, if you're a LAN admin and you have users downloading and installing software that you haven't 'certified', you don't have complete control as these installations could open your network up for lots of problems.
4. Different user accounts for each user or for a network supervisor? Each user should be pretty obvious as you can set permissions/groups/etc. and control what those users access/share on the network. A different user account for network supervisors.....even if you're a LAN admin, you should have one account for your normal day to day duties and then an account with admin privileges. This will help maximize security.