Can I change my router’s IP?

Kasilim Stevens asked 3 years ago

I have a Ubee DDW36C router.  My IP is renewed every few months.  I have been banned from a minecraft server (yes I know) and want back on.  I think I need to change my router, and not public IP for this.  It is through Spectrum (time warner cable).  Is there any way?

2 Answers
wimiadmin Staff answered 3 years ago

Hi Kasilim. You were banned for a reason and we're not here to help bypass whatever measures the server admins put in place. The best option is to contact them, state your case and see if they let you back in.

Kasilim Stevens replied 3 years ago

Yes, but the point is they didn’t MEAN to ban me. I logged in at a public wifi and it triggered an IP ban. I have no way of contact and still am wondering if there is any way to change my IP, and which one I need to change

wimiadmin Staff answered 3 years ago

If you logged in using a public wifi then it should only be that IP that's banned. Log in from your home IP and you should be able to either resume as normal or be able to contact them. This is based on an IP ban only. There are other methods of banning and there's no way to determine 100% how they banned you without contacting the server admin.

Know the answer? Login or sign up for an account to answer this question.
Sign Up