We have setup some automation rules for programmers, to optimize WhatIsMyIP.com and to prevent any abuse.
What Is An API?
The WhatIsMyIP.com IP API (Application Programming Interface) gives you access to most of our tools programmatically. To clarify, in order to access the API, you must be a Gold level member.
As stated above what API stands for, the most important part of this name is “interface,” because basically the API talks to the program for you. Understanding the language to communicate with the program but an API is still needed. Our API provides you with data its programmers have made available to outside users. To clarify, knowing the language and of course asking the right questions in order to do anything with this data.
Automation Rules Guidelines
We welcome programmers who incorporate our site into their work, but to state again, we have experienced some abuse of our rules. We thought some people may not be familiar with our rules concerning automated files so we thought it best to post a page for easy reference. The following are guidelines for automation rules for programmers.
- Automated files should hit our site no more then once every five minutes or once every 300 seconds.
- Please set your program's user agent to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0 , this will keep your program from being blocked by CloudFlare
- We have a special API automation script just for the purpose of helping programmers. Once again, you can learn more about our 'Gold or Enterprise' account by visiting WhatIsMyIP.com membership options.
- If you need to use the automation page more often than this, contact us and we can work something out.
- You can reach us via email at automation(at)whatismyip(.)com.