The WhatIsMyIP.com IP API (Application Programming Interface) gives you access to most of our tools programmatically. In order to access the Application Programming Interface, you must be a Gold level member. To clarify, gold level accounts get 10 separate keys. Subsequently, each key allowed 1,440 calls per day (1 per minute) for a total of 14,400 calls per day (10 per minute). Moreover, key generation and management completed from your account page. For instance, URLs are shown within the Quick Start Guide and the Full Documentation, which can completed from your account page.
Available IP API Interface Tools:
- Get IP Address – Outputs your IP address
- Detect Proxy – Outputs your IP address and a proxy if detected
- IP Address Lookup – Outputs IP Geo-location information of the IP in query
- Blacklist Check – Outputs whether or not the IP or domain input is on a blacklist
- Hostname Lookup – Outputs the host-name for the IP in query
- IP Whois Lookup – Outputs the IP data from the ARIN IP database of the IP in query
- Server Headers Check – Outputs the server header data for the input IP or URL
- User Agent Info – Outputs the User Agent info for the requesting browser
The output options for each tool are:
- Plain Text
To clarify, these tools are NOT currently available in our API. We're always working to improve user experience so these tools could become available through Application Programming Interface at some point in the future:
- Internet Speed Test
- Email Header Analyzer
- DNS Lookup
- Reverse DNS Lookup
- Port Scanner
Protect Yourself With Two-Factor Authentication - Two-Factor authentication simply adds a second step to the log-in process. This extra step can take the form of a numeric code sent to your phone.
Signs My Device May Have Been Hacked - As a user of technology, it is imperative that you protect yourself and your information from a hacker. Hopefully, you've already taken steps to keep your devices secure.
How To Avoid Email Phishing Scams - We've all gotten emails that look to be from a reputable source but it may be a email phishing scam. Be sure to analyze the email to be completely sure!